- Hail, Lobster!Burried as I am in books and journal articles, and abjuring the more mass apeal social networks as I do, much in popular culture passes me by. I don’t confess this with any sorrow, nor even much pride, it is just the case, to adopt that hideous phrase: ‘it is what it is.’ As a rule,… Continue reading Hail, Lobster!
- Tool TimeI like to tinker. Perhaps it is a suppressed longing to be a UI developer, perhaps it is because my father wouldn’t let me play with Lego as a child (n.b.: this is only a rhetorical device. My father not only let me play with Lego but spent hours helping me to build and learn).… Continue reading Tool Time
- 100 Days of Muse & ReasonWell, I have reached the end of the 100daystooffload.com challenge and the numbers are as follows: 100 posts in 100 Days 44,752 words 15 Major Topics Most prolific topics were: Technology (22 posts) Social Comment (22 posts) History (19 posts) Publishing (19 posts) Philosophy (14 posts) Most popular post (So this is how privacy dies…,… Continue reading 100 Days of Muse & Reason
- Contribution ManifestoIn a bygone age of ink, pen, paper and a stamp, there was a barrier to entry. Today, there are querulous readers and trolling bots.
- Copying Old MastersThe copying of old masters requires skill. In which context, the mere repetition of copying helps to improve an existing ability.